Reading is a great form of entertainment and escapism. It helps you to forget about your daily stress for awhile. But the best part of reading is the ability to learn and get the perspective of other people. Sometimes I get really hooked in to the books and I feel as if I’m the character myself and as if I’m in the book. Every year I say I will read more because I love reading, but most of the days I don’t have so much time and when I have, to be honest I just waste it. I thought to share with you the books I will read every 3 months, maybe you will find some inspiration, or you can recommend me some books.
This year I started to read a lot of fantasy/adventure/mythological fiction. I simply love these books. It may seem a little bit childish ( I promise I read other books too), but I loved everything about these books: the informations about the mythology, the story, the characters, I love this genre. These 3 months ( January, February and March) I read only 7 books.
- Percy Jackson & the Olympians – The battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson & the Olympians – The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
- Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard – The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K.Rowling
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K.Rowling
- The Game of life and how to play it by Florence Scovel Shinn
Recently I’ve discovered the audiobooks. I still prefer reading books for learning, but I’ve realized that audiobooks are also great for that purpose and much more. You can listen while you’re cleaning the house, folding clothes (like I do),etc. Until now I listened:
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
What books did you read these months? I am looking for some good books, so let me know.
Have an amazing week,